ISPA’s EXPO Update – Coronavirus
We understand that some EXPO participants are concerned about how COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) will affect the upcoming ISPA EXPO. We continue to review the situation, and have decided that ISPA EXPO will proceed as planned on March 18 – 20 in New Orleans, LA.
How has the Coronavirus affected ISPA EXPO?
- As of today, 25 exhibiting companies have cancelled, but these account for only 5% of the total show floor square footage.
- Twenty-two of the cancellations were Chinese companies unable to participate due to travel restrictions.
- Despite these cancellations, the remaining 208 exhibitors will occupy 137,400 square feet of space. This compares to 137,185 square feet at our last EXPO in Charlotte, NC, which was the largest in our history.
- As of this week, we continue to receive new registrations each day, but total registrations are slightly (6%) below 2018 levels at a comparable time prior to the show. Most of the difference is accounted for reduced registrations from outside the United States.
- Be assured that ISPA is closely monitoring new developments and will continue to keep you updated.
ISPA continues to work closely with the convention center and, following the advice of theWorld Health Organization and the CDC, is putting plans in place that will add safety measures to protect the health and well-being of EXPO participants including: extra sanitation stations throughout the show floor, personal hand sanitizers for attendees, sanitizing wipes for each exhibiting company and additional cleaning crews to monitor and sanitize common areas regularly.
To date, there have been no cases of the coronavirus in New Orleans or Louisiana. Visit herefor their most recent update. We encourage all participants to stay informed about the basic wellness measures they can take.
Please visit the EXPO website for important health tips or the World Health Organization’s information page. Also visit NewOrleans.com for updates directly from the city and local industry partners.
We look forward to seeing you at EXPO. If you have questions about the show or your participation, don’t hesitate to contact our office.